Part 1 structure:
- Explaining what “helpdesk module” will do
- List topics covered in this guide
I’m going to start with module principles.
The idea of “helpdesk module” is following:
- Customer can send support tickets to helpdesk support
- Customer can view his submitted support tickets
- Administrator can see quick statistics of tickets, thanks to KPI feature
- Administrator can manage all tickets sent by customers
- Administrator can configure the module in order to enable or disable some features (read below)
Additional module features (most of them are configurable):
- E-mail notification for customer and/or admin whenever a new ticket is created
- Export tickets via console command
- Live notifications using AJAX for both FrontOffice & BackOffice
- Ability to give/remove access to the blacklist for chosen customer from BackOffice list
There is also going to be some fun with:
- Composer & Namespaces
- Databases (Doctrine)
- Parameters & Services (config.yml)
I’m going to explain each topic (or “Part” – name it like you want to) as precisely as I can.
Sounds good? I hope so! If you are ready to begin your adventure with “helpdesk tutorial” module – head over to part 2.